About Emma Professionally
My evolution as a web designer | front-end developer has come in large part from my love of art. I pursued art in many forms including calligraphy, drawing, sculpture, and needlecraft. The digital world provided another realm for me to experiment with my creativity. I'm passionate about clean, well documented code that create sites that thrill clients.
In order to give myself a solid foundation as a professional, I earned my Internet Production Diploma from Vancouver Island University in 2010. I continue to expand my skills by attending conferences, using online tutorials, blogs, and print resources.
- Technical Skills
- Ability to go from concept design development deployment
- Hand coding HTML5, CSS3, Sass
- CSS Frameworks: Bootstrap, Foundation
- Wordpress customization and theming
- Image creation, manipulation, and optimization for web
- Responsive design implementation and cross browser / device "quirks" testing
- In the Toolbox
- Coding software Dreamweaver, NuSphere IDE, Beyond Compare
- Image software Fireworks, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Subversioning TortoiseSVN, Git
- Project & time management Trello, OfficeTime
About Emma Personally
Some tidbits about me:
- Animal lover. I have dogs, cats, and horses, oh my!
- I enjoy cooking and experimenting with recipes from India and Asian countries. And I love sushi!
- Favourite movie monster: Vampires!